Title: Grant Writer (Volunteer)
Purpose: Non-profit Organizations are constantly limited by what social good they can achieve due to a lack of funding and a lack of resources. We are looking for someone that is passionate about helping others and ideally interested in fundraising and looking to learn all they can about it. This position will aim to provide experience in developing and executing fundraising campaigns – whether it be through fundraising events, grants, or sponsorship agreements.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Board of Directors to create compelling grant submissions following the fundraising campaign guidelines. The majority of grants will be focused on providing funding to specific projects aimed at creating positive change within our community.
- Utilize our subscription to Grantstation to explore grant databases and learn how to write better grant applications.
- Assist the Fundraising Manager in completing the quarterly strategy reports and monthly update reports to the JCI Edmonton Board of Directors. These will be forms that are simple to fill out and outline the progress of the fundraising efforts.
- Assist Grant Writers with grant applications and prepare grants as necessary as set up by the fundraising campaign calendar.
Length of Appointment:
- This position would be at a minimum until December 31, 2018 at which point renewal could be explored.
- It is expected that on average a minimum of 10 hours per month would be required for effort. That being said, the sky is the limit with how far you can grow this position. If you have additional time and passion, feel free to expand beyond that. Also, it may not necessarily be 10 hours every month. Some months may require more time, some months may require no time depending on the available grants.
- The ideal applicant is passionate about making a positive impact for the well being of others. They would ideally be interested in pursuing or currently have a career related to fundraising or grant writing and are currently seeking additional experience for their resume or have the capacity to volunteer their knowledge. Alternatively, they are simply looking for longer term, meaningful volunteer opportunities to help give back to their community.
- Active JCI membership.
- The Board of Directors truly want to see the fundraising effort grow into a self sustaining committee within JCI Edmonton and are ready to empower the members to truly make it their own. We are committed to providing any support we can when it is needed and finding the support if it is out of our expertise.
Interested members please email email@example.com